KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one year's experience in private or institutional cleaning.
- Experience working with vulnerable clients who are dealing with age-related health conditions and/or mental disabilities is an asset.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Ability to work independently while following pre-set instructions and work cooperatively with the care-giving team.
- Must be flexible to be able to support a diverse client group
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centred care.
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care.
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize safety issues, communicate effectively and provide minor problem solving.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high quality care you can be proud of.
- A stimulating, client and family focused work environment.
- A variety of full-time and part time positions.
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation.
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers. We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.
- Please apply online to the position title at www.vha.ca
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer www.vha.ca Accredited by Accreditation Canada